Family Group Conference Coordinator – LB Lambeth
3 minute read
Job Title: Family Group Conference Coordinator
Directorate: Children, Adults and Health Children’s Social Care
Responsible to: Team Manager
Only experienced FGC Coordinators need apply
As a Family Group Conference (FGC) Coordinator you will be driven to promote the child or young person’s voice and enable them to thrive through delivering high quality FGCs. You will do this by using best practice to bring family network members together to look at how they can collectively provide safe, supportive, and sustainable solutions to the problems being experienced in caring for children within the family.
What we need from you?
- A certificate to show you have completed full FGC training and an outline of your FGC experience
- A willingness and ability to be a highly functioning team player
- Ability to work in a flexible way, this includes evening and weekend work at times
- A commitment to anti oppressive practice, underpinned by an understanding and promotion of equality and diversity
- Sound knowledge and understanding of relational practice with families including solution focussed and strength-based practice strategies
- Experience of working successfully with complex issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
We have lots to offer, from our rich learning and development programme and our competitive salaries. Work-life balance through our flexible working opportunities, and work in the heart of Brixton, one of London’s most vibrant cultural centres.
FGC Coordinators in Lambeth:
- Earn a competitive salary
- Benefit from flexible working opportunities such as working from home (negotiated on an individual basis)
- Are situated in the heart of Brixton (2 mins walk from Brixton Tube) with access to and discounts on the renowned local amenities
- Manage a reasonable workload
- Work from fantastic modern working environment, in the award-winning Lambeth Town Hall and Civic Centre buildings among others
- Receive 26 days of annual leave (rising to 31 days for those with continuous service of more than five years where applicable)
- Have access to a comprehensive benefits package, including local government pension scheme, and interest free loans for season tickets, bikes and computers (where applicable).
For an informal chat or if you need any further clarification on this role you can contact Janet Gayle-Scarlett via email@example.com – 020 7926 5450.
The closing date for receiving completed application forms is Sunday 14th November 2021 at midnight.
Interview date: 29th & 30th November 2021
Qualifications: A FGC accreditation is necessary for this post