Family Group Conference Coordinator – Liverpool City Council
3 minute read
Job Title: Family Group Conference Co-ordinator
Salary: £26,845 – £31,099 p.a.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing date: 02/01/2023
Job reference: LCC03693
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Family Group Coordinator posts within Liverpool’s Childrens Services who are already trained in delivering Family Group Conferencing using the Family Rights Group model. We are an established team and provide independent Family Group Conferencing facilitation for families within Liverpool. You will have experience of working with children and families and will be used to working in partnership with other agencies and are confident in facilitating family led meetings both virtually and in person.
You will liaise with social workers, families, and other professionals to arrange and facilitate a Family Group Conference (FGC). You will have excellent communication skills to motivate and encourage vulnerable children and families who are experiencing multiple difficulties ensuring that they are inclusive partners in the decision-making process impacting on their lives now and in the future. You will empower them to find their own safe sustainable solutions and help identify extra support and resources to bring about sustainable change.
As a children’s service you will be child focussed and develop imaginative and creative ways to support children and young people to participate in their conference ensuring that their wishes and feelings are listened to and acted upon. You will need to be organised, adaptable and flexible to meet the needs of families and the service, and able to prioritise your caseload.
If successful, you will join a large cultural and diverse organisation dedicated to improving outcomes for children and families of Liverpool. The FGC team is located to the South and East of the city with access to staff parking. Both agile and office based working is required with access to confidential ICT systems.
Car use is essential to support and visit families within and outside the city of Liverpool. Flexible and commitment to work outside usual office hours.
What you’ll need:
- Evidence of Family Group Conference training
- NVQ Level 3 caring for children and young people, or equivalent qualification.
- Direct experience working with vulnerable, complex, and hard to reach children / young people and their families.
- Knowledge of relevant childcare and other related legislation.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing evidence based models of practice to identify concerns, aimed at supporting and maintaining family functioning and stability.
- Sound knowledge and experience recognising signs and symptoms of child protection / safeguarding matters in accordance with policy, procedure, and good practice guidelines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Competent IT Computer and keyboard skills.
- Ability to use good verbal, written and listening skills.
To apply for this vacancy with Liverpool City Council please click here.
If you would like to talk to a member of the team about the role or have an informal discussion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details.