Family Group Conference Manager
3 minute read
Rate of Pay: £40,869 – £43,860 per annum
Working Hours: Package 2 years Fixed term / Secondment – Full-time 36 hours per week
Closing Date: June 27 2021
Interviews: will be held during week commencing July 14 2021
To view the job description: click here.
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We’ve moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About the Team
Hounslow set up its Family Group Conference Service in 2018 and now has a well-established offer with approximately 100 FGC’s and FGC reviews undertaken each year. The service has a pool of independent FGC coordinators to ensure that individual family needs can be better met and manage any increases in demand.
The service is looking to recruit an experienced FGC coordinator who is able to undertake Family Group Conferences, support and lead the continuous development of the service in Hounslow, and successfully manage the service day to day basis. You should have strong communication skills both in writing and orally, be able to produce annual reports and data as required and work in partnership with Managers, social workers, other professionals and children and their families.
This is an exciting opportunity to work both operationally and to be able to be a part of the ongoing strategic development of FGC’s in Hounslow and how these are used to support good outcomes for children and their families.
- To lead on the continued development of the FGC service in Hounslow.
- To ensure FGC referrals are progressed in a timely manner.
- To support social work teams to improve FGC outcomes.
- To maintain data and analysis on FGC’s within Hounslow.
- You must have undertaken the Family Group Conference Coordinator Training course and have recent experience as a practicing Family Group Conference Coordinator.
- You must be able to confidently champion the principles of Family Group Conferences.
- You are a strong communicator with a range of professionals, clients and children.
- You have the ability to complete tasks and work either as part of a team or on own initiative.
Essential for The Role
- An FGC accredited qualification (family rights group model).
- Enhanced DBS check is required for the role.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact Phil Hopkins Head of Adolescent Services at email@example.com or telephone 020 8583 3644.
To view the Hounslow Employee Benefits click here.
(Internal Candidates: To apply for this role as secondment please seek line manager approval.)