2 minute read
A virtual course for those with some knowledge of family group conferences and child welfare processes, who wish to increase their understanding and develop the necessary skills to coordinate a family group conference for a child.
Usually carried out in a classroom based setting over three days, this training course is currently being offered as an online training course during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- To understand the value basis of FGCs;
- To understand the legal and policy framework within which FGCs operate;
- To develop a working knowledge of FGCs, including understanding the skills in preparing for the FGC, managing the meeting and the process that follows;
- To develop the skills to coordinate a child welfare family group conference;
- To recognise the complexities of family led decision-making and learn skills in managing these complexities and conflicts in families;
- To understand the role of other professionals in the meeting;
- To understand the issues involved in supporting children’s participation in the FGC process;
- To inform participants of the wider accreditation framework;
- To be familiar with research findings in relation to FGCs and to be signposted for further information;
- To enable participants to be aware of sources of support including the FGC Network;
- To consider and plan for working during the pandemic, including in a virtual environment.
Upcoming course dates
Each course will be run over four days between 10.00 and 14.30 each day. The total cost is £450.
Please use the form below to book your place
- 29th-30th April and 6th-7th May 2021 – FULLY BOOKED
- 23rd-24th June and 30th June-1st July 2021
- 22nd-23rd and 29th-30th September 2021
- 24th-25th November and 1st-2nd December 2021
If you have to cancel your place for any reason, no charge will be made for notification of 8 days or more. For cancellation within 8 days or on the day of the course, the full cost will be charged. Family Rights Group reserves the right to cancel the course at any time. If we cancel a course, we will give you the choice of registering for a future course or receiving a refund.