2 minute read
A virtual course for those with some knowledge of family group conferences and child welfare processes, who wish to increase their understanding and develop the necessary skills to coordinate a family group conference for a child.
Usually carried out in a classroom based setting over three days, this training course is currently being offered as an online training course during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- To understand the value basis of FGCs;
- To understand the legal and policy framework within which FGCs operate;
- To develop a working knowledge of FGCs, including understanding the skills in preparing for the FGC, managing the meeting and the process that follows;
- To develop the skills to coordinate a child welfare family group conference;
- To recognise the complexities of family led decision-making and learn skills in managing these complexities and conflicts in families;
- To understand the role of other professionals in the meeting;
- To understand the issues involved in supporting children’s participation in the FGC process;
- To inform participants of the wider accreditation framework;
- To be familiar with research findings in relation to FGCs and to be signposted for further information;
- To enable participants to be aware of sources of support including the FGC Network;
- To consider and plan for working during the pandemic, including in a virtual environment.
Please note that Family Rights Group does not accredit individual practitioners. The four-day course taken by itself is not accredited, but once completed forms part of the postgraduate certificate in family group conferencing that we offer in conjunction with the University of Salford should you wish to study further. More information can be found here. Family Rights Group does accredit family group conference services and information on this can be found here.
Upcoming course dates
Each course will be run over four days between 10.00 and 14.30 each day. The total cost is £550.
15,15 and 22,23 November 2023FULLY BOOKED
- 4,5 and 11,12 December 2023
- 24,25,31 January and 1 February 2024
- 13,14 and 20,21 March 2024
- 15,16 and 22,23 May 2024