Family Rights Group
Cover Your Tracks
Generic filters
Exact matches only
Filter by Custom Post Type

Residential care

Residential care is when a looked after child is living in a children’s home or some other form of group-living arrangement. This is instead of in a family-style set-up such as foster care.

There are different types of residential care:

Older children (aged 16 and 17), as well as older care leavers sometimes live in independent accommodation, or semi-independent accommodation. This is to ensure that where young people may have limited family and friends support, they have help as young adults from professionals.

Our funding means we can currently only help 1 in 3 people

Your donation will help more families access expert legal advice and support from Family Rights Group.

Donate Now