Christmas 2023 – New Year 2024
5 minute read
Family Rights Group office and advice services will close at 3pm on Friday 22 December 2023.
Our office and advice services will re-open at 9.30am on Tuesday 2 January 2024.
The following online services will be available throughout the Christmas period:
The get help and advice section on our website has lots of information for parents and wider family and friends involved with children’s services.
Our online advice forums are an anonymous space where parents and kinship carers (also known as family and friends carers) can learn from others who have been through similar experiences. Our advisers will not be able to provide advice on the forums over the holiday period (from 22 December until 2 January).
Alternative services that may be able to support you during the Christmas period:
- NSPCC Helpline on 0808 800 5000 is open 24 hours a day. You can contact them if you any concerns about a child’s safety or wellbeing.
- Childline on 0800 1111 is for children aged 18 and under providing free, confidential advice and support
- Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247 is open 24 hours a day.
- The Samaritans are always there to listen, 24 hours a day, 365 days a week.
- NHS 111 is the free number to call when you have an urgent healthcare need.
- Police non emergency telephone number is 101. In an emergency call 999.
- Citizens Advice offer advice online and via their national Adviceline. Open Mondays – Fridays, but are closed on bank holidays (Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day).
- Shelter provide housing advice online, in person and by phone. Their urgent phone line is open 365 days a year.
The Useful Links page of our website includes other organisations that support families, including organisations in Wales. Many of these organisations may be closed over the Christmas period.
Wishing you a happy and peaceful festive period.