Family Rights Group
Cover Your Tracks
Generic filters
Exact matches only
Filter by Custom Post Type

Adult physical disabilities or ill-health

If a parent or carer is disabled, or experiencing physical ill-health, they may feel they need some extra support to help care for their child. They may be entitled to help from the adult social care or children’s services departments of their local council. Or even both. It will depend on the precise situation.

Parents and carers needing information and advice about adult social care law and services should seek advice from a specialist organisation. This is sometimes called community care law. See the Disability (including learning disability) and the Mental health sections of our Useful links page for some relevant organisations.

Getting help and support

Fair treatment and adult physical disability or ill-health

Our funding means we can currently only help 1 in 3 people

Your donation will help more families access expert legal advice and support from Family Rights Group.

Donate Now