The Kinship Care Alliance
Under 1 minute read
The Kinship Care Alliance is a group of organisations which subscribe to a set of shared aims and beliefs on the issue of family and friends care. We meet regularly to develop a joint policy agenda and agree strategies to promote our aims.
We believe that children and young people are best placed with family and friends where it is in the child’s best interests and safe to do so, and that these families should receive support and help to do this.
Aim and mission statement
The aims of the Kinship Care Alliance are to:
- Prevent children from being unnecessarily raised outside of their family network
- Ensure that the opportunities and resources available to children living with kinship carers maximise their chances of positive outcomes
- Secure improved recognition and support for family and friends carers and the children they are raising.
To focus on and enable these objectives to be met we will:
- Raise awareness of the advantages, strengths and opportunity that kinship care provides to children
- Influence policy, service delivery, professional practice and legislation in respect of kinship care and agree an annual work plan which will be reviewed regularly at Kinship Care Alliance meetings and by the executive group.