Kinship Care Alliance: Executive Committee
2 minute read
Terms of reference
- The wider KCA membership shall agree members of executive committee
- When determining who is on the executive committee, KCA members are:
- determining the organisation that is sitting on the committee; and
- may also be determining the particular role that a committee member will have (e.g. to provide expertise in relation to a particular issue/area; to lead on a specific stream of committee activity
- An organisation can have more than one member on the executive committee (However, one organisation, one vote” and consensus based decision-making will apply, see below).
Term of office: three years
Size of the Executive Committee: KCA Chair plus a maximum of 6 others
- Committee decision-making shall be by consensus on a “one organisation, one vote” basis
- In the absence of consensus, the matter/issue at hand shall go to full membership for further discussion
- External individuals/organisations may be invited to attend to discuss a particular issue or help to inform the committee’s decisions and decision-making.
Frequency and form of meetings
- One month prior to each full KCA membership meeting
- Meetings to be virtual or in person as appropriate.
Function of the Executive Committee
- Agreeing a work plan
- Delivering a work plan
- Evaluation of the work plan
- To promote the engagement of KCA members.
Current membership of the Executive Committee
- Co-chairs of the Kinship Care Alliance: Ellen Broomé (Managing Director, CoramBAAF) and Shanayd Warren (kinship carer)
- Cathy Ashley (Chief Executive, Family Rights Group)
- Lucy Peake (Chief Executive, Kinship)
- Enza Smith (Kinship Carers UK)
- Frances Edwards (Legal Adviser, Family Rights Group) to service the Executive Committee including in relation to legal and policy advice
- Race equalities subgroup representative: Sharon McPherson (Co-founder of Families In Harmony)
- Wales subgroup representative: Amy Shepherd (Trainer Consultant, AFA Cymru).