How to contact us for advice

Find out more

Telephone Handler
Close form

Our advice service

We provide advice to parents, grandparents, relatives, friends and kinship carers who are involved with children’s services in England or need their help. We can help you understand processes and options when social workers or courts are making decisions about your child’s welfare.

Our advice service is free, independent and confidential.

Telephone Handler

By phone or email

To speak to an adviser, please call our free and confidential advice line 0808 801 0366 (Monday to Friday 9.30am to 3pm, excluding Bank Holidays). For Textphone dial 18001 followed by the advice line number. Or you can ask us a question via email using our advice enquiry form.

Discuss on our forums

Our online advice forums are an anonymous space where parents and kinship carers (also known as family and friends carers) can get legal and practical advice, build a support network and learn from other people’s experiences.

Advice on our website

Our get help and advice section describes the processes that you and your family are likely to go through, so that you know what to expect. Our webchat service can help you find the information and advice on our website which will help you understand the law and your rights.

Family Rights Group
Cover Your Tracks
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Gift Aid Declaration

Gift Aid notice

Gift Aid for online donations

If you make your donations to us via the secure Enthuse Donation Platform, you can easily add Gift Aid just by ticking a box.

Gift Aid on other donations

There are two options available to you if you would like us to reclaim Gift Aid on any other donations you may have made. You can either:

  • complete the online Gift Aid Declaration Form on this page, or
  • download, complete and return (by email or post) our Gift Aid Declaration Form in Word.

Gift Aid Declaration Form

Please notify Family Rights Group if you:

  • Want to cancel your declaration
  • Change your name or home address
  • No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.

You can find out more about Gift Aid by reading the official guidance on the HMRC website. For enquiries, please contact

People pie chart

Our funding means we can currently only help 4 in 10 people

Your donation will help more families access expert legal advice and support from Family Rights Group.

Donate Now