2 minute read
This Environmental Policy Statement sets out Family Rights Group’s aims and objectives for safeguarding the environment. This statement applies to all premises and activities within the control of Family Rights Group.
Family Rights Group is committed to conservation and improvement of the environment and to minimising the environmental impact of the risks arising from its activities.
Family Rights Group will manage its operations in ways that are environmentally sustainable and economically feasible and provide appropriate environmental education programmes for its members.
In order to achieve this Family Rights Group has the following objectives:
- To promote sound environmental management policies and practices throughout Family Rights Group;
- As a minimum, to comply with the requirements of relevant legislation;
- To make efficient and environmentally responsible use of energy and water;
- To promote the environmentally responsible procurement of goods and services;
- To minimise waste production as a far as is practicable, to reuse or recycle waste where appropriate and to regulate the treatment and disposal of residual waste;
- To reduce and, where practicable, prevent pollution;
- To minimise the impact of transport on the environment through policies which strongly encourage the use of cost effective, public transport wherever feasible;
- To minimise any adverse environmental impact of any new Family Rights Group development;
- To maintain Family Rights Group’s premises in an environmentally sensitive way;
- To minimise the adverse environmental impact of decommissioning and disposal of Family Rights Group’s assets.
The main responsibility for implementation of this policy lies with the Chief Operating Officer.
While Family Rights Group accepts the main responsibility for implementation of this policy, individuals have a very important role in co-operating with those responsible for safeguarding the environment. Individuals are required to abide by rules and requirements made under the authority of this policy.