Under 1 minute read
Community care refers to support services for adults with a disability. Community care can be provided to adults with other physical or mental health problems. This support is to help them live independently in the community.
Support services might include:
- Help with personal care – such as washing and dressing.
- Home help services – help with domestic chores, like cleaning.
- Day centres that people can attend.
- Visiting services. To ensure the person receiving support has regular company.
- Counselling (for people with mental health needs).