Are there signs a child or young person is being radicalised?
Under 1 minute read
So children may display different signs or seek to hide their views if they are being radicalised.
Their behaviour may become focused on extremist ideas or causes.
Examples of this may include:
- Spending more time talking to people with extreme views online and offline
- Changing their style of dress or personal appearance
- Losing interest in friends and activities that are not associated with the extremist ideology, group or cause
- Having material or symbols associated with an extreme cause
- Trying to recruit others to join the cause.