What should be in a child in need plan?
Under 1 minute read
A child in need plan should set out:
- The child’s health or developmental needs
- What help is needed and what will be provided (for example help with childcare, essential equipment)
- Who will do each action agreed, along with a timescale
- How long the help will be available
- What difference the help is expected to make
- When the plan will be looked at again to check it is helping
- What will happen if the plan isn’t working.
The plan should reflect positive things about the family situation as well as weaknesses.
See Working Together 2018, page 38.