Family Rights Group
Cover Your Tracks
Generic filters
Exact matches only
Filter by Custom Post Type

Social worker

The role of a social worker depends on the type of social work that they practise. Those who work in children’s services seek to support children and families, protect children from harm, and promote their welfare. They will work with individuals, particularly the parents and the child. They will also work with the wider family and support network.

Social workers work for local authorities and health agencies including the NHS. They may also work for charities and private businesses.

Social Work England has a list of social workers registered to practice social work in England, and Social Care Wales has a similar list for those practicing social work in Wales.

Our funding means we can currently only help 1 in 3 people

Your donation will help more families access expert legal advice and support from Family Rights Group.

Donate Now