Child protection plan
2 minute read
Its aim is to:
- Make sure the child is safe from harm and well cared for, both now and in the future
- Promote the child’s health and development
- Support the family and wider family members to keep the child safe and promote the child’s welfare.
The sorts of things that should be included in the plan are:
- Exactly what is expected of the parents and wider family
- What support and services they will be given (e.g. parenting programmes) to help the child’s situation improve
- How professionals will know things are getting better.
The plan may specify that a child should not come into contact with someone who is thought to have harmed them.
The plan will state the name of the child’s social worker and will be reviewed after three months and again after six months.